Thursday, September 1, 2011

Status

Today is the first of the month and I should be working on my link wrap-up for August; this is also week #18, which means story #18 from my forthcoming anthology Alien Contact is to be revealed. But, alas...

My mother has entered hospice care and I am visiting her and spending as much time as I am able, as well as dealing with legal paperwork, and bills and such, and also a house that she has lived in since 1965 (and, of course, where I lived until it was definitely time for me to leave home). Sometimes I don't know whether I'm coming or going, and sleeping only about 5 hours each night since Sunday, well, that's not helping matters much either.

I've had little time to be online, so my apologies for the limited content, other than the anthology's cover art that I have just posted. So, there won't be any other blogs this week, unfortunately. As for next week, I have a lot of letter writing and faxing to do (Power of Attorney) on behalf of the mom, but I'll do my best to make up for the shortfalls this week.

Thanks for your continued support and for reading the words I post here.
Cheers, all!

2 comments:

  1. Marty, it's close to miraculous that you're still managing to post to your blog and its faithful readers despite the enormous labor you've had to undertake this past week, and the emotional exhaustion that goes along with such a task. Only a person with a rock-solid sense of responsibility and professionalism could possibly manage it. I send sympathy and admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy... for your words of support -- from the bottom of my heart.
    - marty

    ReplyDelete